Here are six of the best essential oils for the kitchen:
1. Lemon – Lemon is at the top of the list for use in the kitchen. It seasons and gives meat a delicious lemon flavor. It also makes a great cleaning solution because it acts as a natural disinfectant and its tough enough to cut away grease and grime in minutes.
Add a few drops to water, shake and spray into the air for a lemony fresh air freshener that cleans and purifies the air.
It will fill your kitchen with a fresh, eye-opening scent that gets your day started off right.
2. Eucalyptus – One of the best uses of eucalyptus in the kitchen is for cleaning. It’s all-natural, has a fresh scent, and will remove grease better than most chemicals anyway. It also has many medicinal properties so it’s good as a disinfectant, antiseptic, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, deodorant, insecticide and more.
You can see why it’s a great oil to have around the kitchen.
3. Lavender – If mornings are hectic and stressful in your home, diffuse a little lavender oil in your kitchen to help everyone relax a little before starting their day. It works great for creating a relaxing environment when you’re hosting dinner parties for family and friends.
Lavender is also used in cooking because it has an amazing floral flavor that complements many desserts beautifully.
4. Peppermint – Also used in a wide variety of recipes, including desserts, peppermint oil adds a burst of flavor to most any dish. It also makes a wonderful disinfectant that will clean away mold, mildew and bacteria that often grow on the damp surfaces found in kitchens.
5. Melaleuca or Tea Tree – Melaleuca (Tea Tree) oil has anti-fungal properties that help eliminate mold and bacteria that often grows in kitchens. For this reason, it makes an excellent natural solution that will keep your kitchen clean and sanitized.
6. Sweet Orange – The sweet, citrus aroma of orange essential oil will make your kitchen smell great.
Make your own cleaning solution to clean everything from counter-tops to cutting boards.
Inhaling the sweet scent of orange may also boost your mood and improve alertness.